- Error in loading the operating system
- Missing operating system
- Invalid partition table
How to fix MBR in Windows XP
- Restart the computer first, then insert the CD / DVD Windows XP into the CD-Rom drive (if there is a flash that contains the Windows XP can also be used as a substitute for CD / DVD)
- Once the boot process begins select the options below simply press the letter R, to begin to repair the windows.
- After its Recovery Console appears, press the number 1 (adjust with the installation of windows) and press Enter, Enter the Administrator password if there is, if there is no password simply press the Enter key.
- Once we are in the mode command prompt, type the command: fix mbr and press the Enter key, we MBR MBR will be replaced with a new one, we can also type the command: fixboot, to repair a damaged boot sector.